An update, some struggles, and tangible progress.

Casually forgetting to write in here for over a month. So much has happened, yet I feel like I am still at a standstill in terms of my diet journey. If anything, habits have gone even more downhill.
I don't want to dwell too much on what has already happened, so here's a quick summary:
I've been staying pretty consistent at 217. Eating habits are fluctuating and I need to ground myself again and find that motivation/determination that I had when I started those months back.

Recently, I discovered this Carb Count Breyer's ice cream. It's dangerous territory. Chocolate ice cream. 9 carbs per 1/2 cup. I've been having a freaking ice cream party every night, with sprinkles and whipped cream. Except then it turned into getting regular ice cream. I just ate like half a cup out of the tub before I threw it out because I knew it was a bad decision. Good news: I will never make that mistake again. Bad news: so much ice cream.

I can't seem to get my mojo back. Carbs have taken over my life again and I feel like I need to get a smack upside the head. I have lost most of my good habits. But I WILL get them back. I am definitely at a plateau at the moment, where I could easily give up and go all the way back down the rabbit hole or climb up, as soon as I find my footing.

On a separate note, I am back in school again for Spring. If I thought last semester was tough, let's take a second to laugh in my face. Now I am taking Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2 at the same time in order to apply to my program a year early. It is week one and I am already behind. How is that even possible? In A&P 2, everyone already knows a whole semester I don't so I am playing catch-up, while trying to learn the new material, AND trying to memorize all of the new material from A&P 1. It's utterly overwhelming but I am determined to do it and will try my best.

On another separate note, I have a story. A bit over a year ago,  I bit the bullet and ordered these boots online that were on liquidation that I had been admiring for a while. (To any of those horse people out there, they're the Dubarry style Dublins in plaid). But they only came in a regular calf. My wide calf Dublins barely fit me, so I knew it would be a stretch (ha) to fit my fat calves in them, but I was planning on stretching them anyways. I couldn't get them past mid thigh. I genuinely broke a sweat trying to get them on, and when I did, I could feel it cutting off my circulation. So I put them in my trunk to take to the cobbler's, who ultimately closed shop and I kind of twiddled my thumbs for a while. Fast forward to tonight, when I finally remembered to take them inside. I had very little hope about fitting into them, but I figured that I'd give it a shot since I AM 25lb lighter than I was last year. They freaking fit. With a little room to spare. I am in awe. Note: they fit with my pants underneath as well; I just untucked them while I was sitting here.



And on that note, I am logging off. I hopefully will remember to be a regular on here again.

Comments