The life of a hypochondria on a diet.

Welcome to the world of living with anxiety and hypochondria. 

I am losing weight, and not even trying hard. (I know, I suck.) I am not depriving myself at all. Mind you, I still am aware of carbs and try to have low carb options when I can. But I have a munchkin or 2 (or 5...) when I feel like it. I have my regular sugary coffee (although with 1 pump instead of the normal 3). I eat bread in a limited amount. I have some mac n cheese when I feel like it. I rarely settle for salads anymore because, well, I don't like them. For a month, I stayed the same. I am now losing weight more than I was when I was trying. And it must mean I have some sort of cancer or illness that I am unaware of because it cannot just be this simple.

The only changes I can think of are cutting out the Atkins snacks, which are higher in carb than they advertise. I also am not consuming as much synthetic sweetener. Instead of having Sweet N' Low in my coffee, I have a single pump of the real stuff. I am not as restrictive in my complex carbs, but am not going overboard with it. Miraculously, I am craving really sugary stuff less. I remember when I first started this, I would have like a bottomless bowl of cereal for breakfast. Often, it was very sugary. I didn't really think about the carb or sugar count. I know I have made significant changes, but it still concerns me that I stayed the same for pretty much a month at 227, and doing the same thing minus a couple of small changes, I am down 6lb. 

I need to get some bloodwork anyway, so I am going in for that tomorrow to appease my worrisome mind.



Comments